Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Alison: Day # 58 - # 62

This is part one of my four part catch up series. I feel so ashamed that I fell so far behind. I counted, I'm nineteen days late.

But before I post any of my images, I want to make sure everyone noticed we have a new participant. Her username is FevLUa, she's from Bucharest. See the sidebar for more about her. You can view her very first post here. Be sure to wish her welcome!

And now ...

Day # 58
I was finally wrapping up an entire day of car-packing. Thoroughly exhausted and so over making trip after trip with armloads of clothing, as I walked out the door for the last time, I paused to take this picture.

My car is a two door hatchback and, in this picture, is packed to the gills with clothing.



















Day # 59

Not much to explain about this. My parents are avid collectors of all things antique. This is just a tight shot of some of their bottle collection . . . which sits in front of large glass windows to let the light in. I have quite a fascination with vintage bottles and glassware. Something about it makes me feel nostalgic. I think I'm an old soul.

It's very colorful in this room, to say the least.



















Day # 60: My dad made this wreath. That's pretty much it. I love it. I want to take it home with me. It's from a vine he removed from a tree on our property.

I've been experimenting with blacks and whites a lot lately. You'll see it in the coming catch up posts. I'm not converting any images to black and white, but I am trying different approaches to photographing black objects/dark objects on a white or near white background. It makes for an interesting feel in my opinion.




























Day # 61

You've all already met Blondie. Nothing much to say about this one either. She's my girl. SHe's beautiful and funny and loves to play outside. Now that I've moved though, she's strictly an inside dog unless she's on her leash. I think she's getting used to that, but it's slow going and a difficult adjustment (for her and Lucy, whom you've also met on here).




















Day # 62

Lizard on a hot day. Doing his mating call thing or whatever the reason is behind the pushing out the red throat deal. He was very tame. I was just a few feet away. Grilling. And moving about. He never really ran from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment