Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Alison: Day # 69 - # 73

This is Part III of the four part installment series of my getting caught up on the photos of the day.

Day # 69

Dandelions. They're hopeful flowers. Actually. As hopeful as I perceive them to be, truly genius is what they really are. Take your typical flower -- a rose, a lily, a coreopsis -- these flowers depend on the animals of the earth to pollenate them. Dandelions count on the wind (or children, or me).

Anyway, I love them.



















Day # 70

This is a seed pod I collected off a "great specimen" of a plant that grows in my office's yard. I don't remember what kind it is, but I remember a lady stopping by and raving about how she'd never seen one so big. I'm took these seeds home in hopes of growing my own whatever-it-is.

As you can see, the pod itself is drying out and becoming quite brittle, when this begins to happen, the seeds fall to the ground and start anew.





















Day # 71

I was at work the other day and fell very painfully ill. I left work early and went home to try and sleep it off. When I talked to my mom she said, "go to the doctor now!" So I got dressed and drove myself to a walk-in clinic. After being diagnosed and getting a shot of anti-biotics in my rear, the nurse asked me to sit for observation of any possible allergic reactions for about ten extra minutes. This is what i did while I waited.

For those of you not from the US, perhaps this is what the typical walk-in doctor office looks like.

For those of you living in the US, if you ever need to get Cipro (an oral antibiotic), ask your doctor or prescriber if he or she knows anything about Publix filling prescriptions for Cipro for free. Because my doctor was kind enough to tell me up front, but if she hadn't, I would have gone to CVS. Publix gives Cipro (and other oral antibiotics) for FREE.



























Day # 72

I wrote a personal blog about this day. To the untrained eye, this looks like my sister and a guy laughing while he licks a bowl of ice cream, but to me, to Susan, and to the guy, this picture represents the first time Susan and I have seen Tommy, a childhood friend of mine, in six years. This was taken the day after his birthday and while he was visiting Florida with his wife and daughter while on leave from the military.

I didn't realize how much I missed him until I heard him laugh for the first time in such a long time.

We were at Chili's and since it was the day after his 24th birthday, Susan asked the wait staff to sing to him and bring him an ice cream.





















Day # 73

Dad and Bowie. There isn't much more to say about this one. I love my dad more than anything in the world. And I love it even more when I catch him candidly laughing. This is him, with he and my mom's spoiled poodle named Bowie. I don't remember what he was laughing about, but I remember Susan and Kelly were sitting in the direction he is looking and they're always up to something funny.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good pic of ur Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete