Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Alison, Day 31, Day 32, Day 33: ketchup!!

So . . . I feel ashamed to admit it, but I got three days behind. This is MY resolution and I'm three days behind! Anyway, here's my catching up.

I started goofing around with various combinations of filters available in my photo editing program. I don't have any certain look I'm trying to obtain; I simply find it fascinating how we can manipulate pictures to the point of creating new art from old images.

One thing I still hold firmly to though is that no number of filters can turn a bad photograph into a good one.

With that being said, these next few pictures are ones I snapped and then filtered for effect -- the photographs themselves aren't so much fantastic . . . or even interesting.

Day 31: Tractor.


This tractor belongs to my parents. It's really, really old, but it still runs . . . when it feels like it.
























Day 32: Tree

I tinkered with high contrast and a photocopy filter of a dead tree. This is what developed. hehe. Not much to say about it.





















Not much to say about this one either. It's a collage of photos of mannequins I took a long time ago in the Oaks Mall in Gainesville. I'm coming down with a cold, when that happens, my brain gets a little more abstract -- and that causes things like these.

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone's been a bum lately, and sick. It might be an east coast thing. But I have to say, I love the mannequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mannequins. The composition is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I think I'm going to try some more collage style work in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete