Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oz: I thought the world should know.

Day 36 – Guild day – worked in the art building today and noticed the added flare for jennas show. I subsequently realized how rare it is to see actual candles in buildings, they are usually just made of plastic.

Photobucket

 

Day 37 – Art show day – Jenna has her art show, I take photos and buy some art. The food is amazing and I eat myself silly. Tom acts as the curator except that he just points and stares at the art awkwardly hoping someone will buy, or at least ask him what he is doing. We retreat to the apartment where I entertain her New York friends on tales of booze.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Day 38 – Thrift Day – Make plans with Liz to go to Burlington and go thrifting. Find some cool tights and blankets, I spend too much money at American apparel. Find cool TV’s at the recycle store.

Photobucket

 

Day 39 – Packed day – Mondays are always packed for me. Too much class, too much conversation, too much drama. I just want to retire to a shack in the woods for 6 months out of the year, and spend the other 6 months in a densely populated city like NYC. Is that too much to ask? I almost get run off the road by this gigantic snow plow.

Photobucket

 

Day 40 – Secret compost discovery day – While making cookies, we hear noises coming from the compost. Upon closer investigation, we discover a little critter has come to feast. The whole house was in a tizzy. We lead very simple lives here in VT.

Photobucket

Photobucket

 

Day 41 – Visibility day - there have been some recent anti-gay messages floating around campus in the past few weeks. So I organized a reading of ten years worth of hate crime victims as part of a day of diversity awareness. To tell you the truth, all the people who wanted their names attached to the event and wanted it a certain way, didn’t even show up to participate or to help out. From now on, I do things alone. I am a loner, Dottie, a rebel. However, a few people, like Jon, pictured here were spectacular.

Photobucket

Day 42 – Warm winter day -  The weather has been on the fritz today, it was like 60 degrees, its febuary for gosh sake! I wore a t-shirt outside and was teased by dreams of summer. I cant wait for the floodgates of ramshackle traveling to be unleashed and the hitcher to come out. I am going to see the world in may.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I always love your writing as much as I do your photographs.

    As a Floridian, the last one blows my mind... how'd you get that much snow so perfectly formed into a spiral?

    All the photos are cool. You lead a very interesting life. I'm glad you organized a demonstration on campus, I'm sorry people backed out of supporting. But now you know for next time. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 38 - cool idea! =)
    Day 40 - aw.. too sweet.. =) ..
    Day 42 - WOW ... it just looks amazing and I´m kinda jealouse that I didn´t made that photo! ; ) ... it was a lot of work, huh!? ; )

    ReplyDelete