Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Alison: Day # 37 - Day # 40

So no matter how hard I try, I still get behind these days. It's gotten significantly more difficult for me to take a picture a day. Is anyone else facing this challenge? I keep telling myself once I move (and get wireless internet), I'll have more freedom to upload whenever I feel like it. Because it's not that I don't want to take the pictures, I just don't always have the time to edit and upload them. Shrug. Excuses, excuses.

Anyway. Here's the latest.

Day # 37: Cocoa.

I don't know what about this photo intrigued me, but I can tell you I took pictures of some other obscure table-top items like the salt and pepper shakers, a rolled up napkin, the fork and knife. As a result of this, a young guy sitting next to me felt compelled to ask if I was shooting digital.

Had I been using film, I think he perceived these shots as a waste. I actually quite like when people ask what I'm shooting with. I appreciate their intrigue. =]







Day # 38: Oatmeal Raisin

These are Crispers' fresh-baked oatmeal raisin cookies. I wish I'd have baked them myself, but then they'd no doubt be irresistible. At least at Crispers there's the price and a window between me and the cookies.














Day # 39: Attention to Detail

This is one of my greatest friends, Vania. And she's painting the edges of the trim in my new house -- she's very attentive when it comes to details. We had a mini painting party on Sunday. Jon-Michael and Vania joined Angela and I in attempting to get the last of the house painted. We didn't finish, but we're getting closer.






















Day # 40: Karaoke Vision

I tried something new here. I took the shot last night and, in my head, it was so much better.

We went to Common Grounds for Karaoke Night. For the first hour, from 9 - 10, they have free PBR. Delicious. That means for the first hour, people get insanely snockered on the cheapest beer in town -- which makes for a GREAT karaoke experiences, by the way.

I warped the perspective of this shot because I kind of wanted it to somehow resemble the way the drunken rock stars of CG Karaoke see the bar.

1 comment:

  1. Free PBR!?!?!?!?!? Why don't I live there?!

    Also, I love the cookies. It took me a while to realize the ones on the right were bigger than the ones on the left (this isn't a "that's what she said" joke.) but really, I love the perspective on it. Very nice shots!

    ReplyDelete