Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Alison, Day # 12: co-pilot.

This one's another cop-out. I spent most of the day flying -- which, really means I had many awesome opportunities to take potentially mind-blowing photographs. But I opted to sleep instead.

I'll try to keep this explanation much shorter than the past ones.

This is Patrick, my best friend -- the one I drove to Texas with. He's a Naval Pilot.

I snapped this shot of him while he was taking me back to the airport to fly home.

I titled it co-pilot because I made a tacky joke when we started our road trip about how for this particular 'flight,' I was his co-pilot. We both kind of rolled our eyes.

So the photo: it's him in his flight suit and he wasn't too thrilled I took the picture because he's even less photogenic than I am. The khaki rectangular-ish shaped item on his lap is his cover. The patch on his shoulder is a University of Florida patch, obviously, and it says "Go Gators, Fly Navy." And the small gold bar above that patch signifies his rank as Ensign. Also, he gets a promotion in May.

I'm very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment