Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Alison, Day # 13: this or that?

Once again, I can't decide! I was on my home yesterday and knew exactly what I was going to take a photograph of for yesterday's entry. But then I couldn't decide if I thought it would look better in black and white, or in color. What do you guys think?

This is the National Forestry property line marker. It's in our yard. I wanted to give you guys an idea of what kind of area I live in. And hopefully give your imaginations a nice morsel to develop an image in your heads of the world in which I live. I'm hoping the photographs you all post will do the same for me.

Also, another bit that might help your imaginations (too bad I didn't have my camera in hand for this . . .), I was going around a curve this morning on my way to work, and through the hazy fog I saw this large -- nay, enormous black silhouette. It's standing in the road, so I slow to almost a stop (dangerous! in a curve!) and as my eyes focus, I realize it's an incredibly large black bear! INCREDIBLY LARGE! He just stared at me, seeming to hope he were invisible, then when we actually saw one another, he bolted. It was amazing.

4 comments:

  1. with those signs I like the coloured more.. gives more attention to it - if you ask me.
    cool photo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd pick the coloured picture, you can see the rust better on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this one is tough. I started to say the B&W one because I usually pick those over colored photos, but it seems to be lacking the character that the colored photo has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know. They both have very distinct characters.

    The color photograph is nice, though I think the monochrome image may be more versatile.

    ReplyDelete