Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jason: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5

I really wanted to join the project back at the beginning of the year, but I am glad to be able to finally join here. I purchased my Olympus FE-360 on Friday, Jan. 16th, and hesitated none at taking photos for this project. As of this post, I have taken 137 photos with my new camera, but only 5 of those will be posted here! Without further ado:

Day 1: So, I had just gotten my camera when Susan and I decided to get some food at Sonny's. After a little while of being there, she noticed this man's shirt and directed me to read what the shirt said. She wanted to take the picture and use it for her picture of the day, but her camera couldn't get a good shot of it. So she decided that she would take the picture with mine; thus, allowing me the freedom to use it as my picture of the day. The shirt actually says "I got my meat pulled at Slow and Low Bar-B-Que Bar and Grill".

Day 2: I woke up this morning around 8am. In fact, this photo shows that it was taken at 8:46am. There was a CD sitting on my desk and the light was shining in through my window and reflecting off the CD. Those two main components just lined up for a perfect shot of the day, so I took it. :)

Day 3: I ride my bike back and forth to work. On my ride home, I sometimes ride on the sidewalk and I happen to pass by the wall of art. This caught my eye today and I thought I would take a picture of it. I took the picture in super-macro mode, which actually looks pretty good for a budget-priced camera.

Day 4: I think I was lacking creativity this day and didn't really know what to take a picture of. I took some pictures of some of the places around work that I go, but I figured this one would be best. I am actually riding on my bicycle while taking this photo. I thought it would blur a bit, but it actually looks pretty good. Thank goodness for the wrist-strap. :D

Day 5: I had the idea to take this picture a little while before I purchased this camera and decided to pick this as the photo for today. The idea came up when I saw this graffiti one day and thought about how the big wall of art a couple blocks south of this was meant for that type of thing. I also happened to notice graffiti in another location, but thought this one was a better photo overall.

2 comments:

  1. welcome Jason!!! Glad you're posting. Glad we're all getting a glimpse into your life in Gainesville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one of the rainbow reflection ^_^

    ReplyDelete