Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mat Ryan: January 22 (times deux!)



2 pics tonight because I skipped the 21st, as in I should have brought my camera to work, but didn't, and then got pre-occupied with a more important thing later. So, I'm using 2 pictures from tonight.
My friend Kerry lent me her tripod, so I decided to go out with her and get some time length exposures, because, well, it's night, I have a tripod, and stuff. I just like the idea of having a not blurry night shot! It's novel! Anyways, one is a hearse in an ally, I like the fact it's parked kind of below the real estate (dead housing market joke?) and there's a corner store next to it that's not actually on a corner.
The other is the Wilder Dam. It's a dam. It gives us electricity from water. I mean, in Vermont, we were green before green was cool. It's not very wild. I let some cars pass, and I like the fact that you can see a haze in the clouds from Hanover.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I wish I could take some extended exposure shots like that... the longest shot my little budget camera will do is 500ms, as far as I know. Anyway, good call on the dead housing market joke. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, wow. that lengthy exposure shot is flawless. I'm not even exaggerating. In the bigger version (click the photo to view) you can clearly make out every single detail of the background, and the headlights and taillights are smooth and consistent beams of white and red. FANTASTIC! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :-) I had to do the exposure manually, I held the shutter open for at least 15 seconds, which was really hard not to move since it was damn cold.

    ReplyDelete