Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mat Ryan: January 12 and 13



On the left: the only picture that I took yesterday. The moon was full, well, waning, and I really wanted to get a picture of it, I even put my tripod in the car, but I had such a hard time concentrating after driving back from Boston from dropping off my bosses dad that I just couldn't focus. And nor could my camera. I think the picture reflects my mood very well.
On the right: I went to a Dartmouth girls hockey game tonight, and it was fantastic. Dartmouth rocked Providence 7-3. At least I think that's what the score was, either way, Dartmouth kicked ass. Anyways, a lot of the shots look the same since it's hockey and it was my first time photographing sports, but this one makes me laugh since the girls are headbutting each other.

4 comments:

  1. Mat! Glad to see your post. I know just how you feel about the moon. I was in Texas, on the coast over the weekend and I saw the moon actually rising. And not only that, but the bitch was red. I tried my hardest to take a picture of it, but every single freaking one turned out worthless. I was so upset.

    And the hockey picture cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't zoom in more on the hockey game. Sports pictures usually are so cool, because they're zoomed at a specific player because (s)he's making a nice action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a point there, Rhino, but being it's his first sports attempt, it's done well. And really captures the spirit of hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's his first attempt, that's why I gave him this tip, because I did the exact same thing as well in my first attempt. :) But you're true on capturing the spirit of ice hockey indeed, revolutionaire.

    ReplyDelete