Friday, January 30, 2009

Alison: Day # 28 and Day # 29

Day 28: Okay, so January 28 was my 24th birthday. This is my cake. The lighting was right & the candles were wompy. Before my family and two good friends were even done singing the song, all but one candle had gone wompy like the orange one is in this picture.

The cake, though, OH MY GOD, delicious! My mom made it. =]











Day 29: This was taken the very next morning. My dad and I were standing in the kitchen talking about Olive and the morning news. We both noticed how bright it seemed outside the kitchen window, but neither of us thought anything of it.

About ten minutes later, when we walked outside, it became apparent to my dad the reason it was so unbelieveably bright outside. There was a (double actually, but the top one was so faint it didn't show up in the photo) rainbow starting on one side of our yard, bowing up over the house, and coming down on the other side of the yard.

This is the roof of our house. The kitchen window faces to the right of this picture. It was apparent, once we were outside, why it seemed so bright out the window -- the rainbow was just overhead!

I'm still floored that this rainbow both started and ended on/over our property. Too freaking cool.

4 comments: